Functions of Input Controls Essay & Advantages and Disadvantages of Restricting user Interfaces
There are many kinds of input controls. Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
1. Explain the function of input controls.
2. Identify four (4) types of input control and explain the function of each.
3. Provide an example of a data integrity error that could occur if each of these types of input control were not in place.
4. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of restricting user interfaces. (User interfaces can often be restricted, limiting the user’s ability to navigate to other areas of the system, or out of the system.)
5. Design and build a graphical representation of a Web-based input for making a hotel reservation, using Visio or PowerPoint or an equivalent.
6. Research and cite at least three (3) reputable academic sources.
A company must ensure that all its data is always protected. This includes not only the firm’s own information, but that of its customers, employees, and suppliers. Organizations need to set controls with aim to prevent erroneous data from being entered into computer system or to detect and remove mistakes from system and recapture the integrity of financial information. It is important that input controls be designed in such a way as to give reasonable assurance that input data is correctly authorized and entered into computer system. Completeness and accuracy of entered data depends on successful combination of different data check methods (Rosenblatt & Shelly, 2012).
Purchase a Subscription To Read The Remaining Section