Operations Management Informational Interview
Write a 1500-word interview.
Identify whom you interviewed, their title, and years of working experience in the area of Operations Management.
Provide insights into your subject’s role and why Operations Management is vital to his/her organization.
Provide the reason for selecting the individual you chose to interview.
List the questions you asked.
Include a summary of the organization.
Give a summary of what you learned as a result of this interview.
Provide a reflection of what is important about this assignment.
Discuss any follow-up activities the person you interviewed suggested
The purpose of the informational interview is to encourage you to gather more information about a particular profession, a person, or a particular organization. It is an opportunity to approach a professional in the field of Operations Management in order to ask specific questions about such things as skills needed to enter a field, educational requirements of a given profession, or the types of responsibilities that characterize a given job classification. It is also a valuable networking opportunity.
Operations Management Interview Guidelines
Write a paper of your interview addressing these items:
· Identify whom you interviewed, their title, and years of working experience in the area of Operations Management.
· Provide insights into your subject’s role and why Operations Management is vital to his/her organization.
· Provide the reason for selecting the individual you chose to interview.
· List the questions you asked.
· Reflect on what this interview experience has taught you about the given industry, your subject’s position and her company, and her outlook for future opportunities within this industry.
· Provide your own outlook on your chosen career, your major field of study, and what networking opportunities you want to pursue.
· Give a summary of what you learned as a result of this interview.
· Discuss any follow-up activities the person you interviewed suggested.
Sample Interview Questions:
· Which skills are important for someone to have who is interested in a career in your industry?
· Can you discuss some of the new trends or developments impacting your industry?
· Can you describe some of your weekly and monthly responsibilities?
· Are teamwork and collaborative skills still important in today’s business workplace?
· What are some lessons you learned from your undergraduate and/or graduate degree which have served you well in your career?
· I have learned how important it is to be able to apply problem-solving skills to difficult issues in the workplace, so can you describe a time when all of the standard approaches were not enough to solve a complex issue? How did you solve it, and what lesson (s) did you learn?
· Students are sometimes under extreme pressure to juggle home, family, career, and their college education. What advice can you share with students to help keep their minds focused on graduation and even after graduation so that they don’t give up on their education and career goals?