Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Understand the difference between the terms confidentiality, privacy, and security
• Identify the greatest threats to the security of health information
• Describe the primary components of the security provision of the Health insurance
Portability and Accountability Act and extensions by HITECH ACT
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of the health information technician
Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in
Standard American English. The Assignment should be a minimum of four to five pages in length, prepared in a Microsoft Word document. Follow APA style format and citation guidelines, including Times New Roman 12 point font and double spacing.
There are two parts to this Assignment. Each one will help you better understand how security
breaches are handled and give you the opportunity to create a security plan. Creating this security
plan will help you understand what is needed to protect data.
1. Search the internet for news about security breaches in healthcare and other industries in the
last three years.
Suggested source for the latest breach information from the Office of Civil Rights:
Source: HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Audit Program: United States
Department of Health & Human Services. Retrieved from
Part 2: Write a critical essay summarizing the two cases. Using what you have learned from this
course, identify the principal threats in each of these cases and what could have been done to
minimize these threats.
1. Develop a security plan for a medium sized organization.
2. Critique the plan you have written, identifying its strengths, elements that were not covered in
the text, and any additional omissions or weaknesses of the plan.
Order your paper at EssayAgents.com - Let our academic writing experts help you write a custom paper on a topic of your choice now within the shortest time possible. We are the most affordable writing service online- Click on the order now button for an instant quote. We guarantee 100% authenticity of all papers written by us. Boost your grades with our expert writing services.